Friday, March 11, 2011

Love What You Love and Wear a Cute Hat


The following may have taken place between 8:30 pm and 10:30 pm.  One friend may have been in a bedroom in Southwest Reno.  Other friend may have been in a bedroom in Northwest Reno.  Both friends may have been watching Les Miserables coincidentally for the second time that week.  Both alone on a Thursday night except for one little boy each.  One little boy asleep.  One little boy tuned out with his ipod.  Both friends with smart phones.  Neither friend afraid to use them.  This may or may not be how the conversation went.  This may or may not have actually happened...

Friend 1 ("F1"): Les Miserables anniversary special on PBS right now.

Friend 2 ("F2"):  I know.

F1:  This Javert is freakin' beautiful.  Here he goes.  "Ahhhhh fallen from grace."

F2:  He is beautiful and his songs are awesome.  We are so lame!

F2:  This Jean Valjean is hot too.

F1:  Yes. We are lame.  But it is wonderful.

F2:   It is wonderful.

F1:  Who is Marius's friend? I love him.

F2:  I don't know his name but I love him too.  I may remember it soon.

F2:  I love the red flag...can't wait.

F1:  Dork, dork, dork.

F1:  "Whisper away waiting for me.  Does he see what I see?"

F2:  Those have got to be fake eyelashes, right?

F1:  No.  Can't be.

F2:  Poor Eponine.

F1:   Not right.  Always like her better.

F2:   Me too.  Everyone does except stupid Marius.

F1:  Ugh .  So unfair.

F2:  Life should be a musical.  There isn't enough singing during the day.

F1:  "He was never mine to lose... Not to me not to me." 

F2:   Ugh.  Look at that poor girl.

F2:   Stupid Marius.

F1 :  Totally.  His friend forever and then drops her for some blond...didn't even know her name.

F2:  Stupid men.

F1 :  Yup.  Except for Javert.  We know what to expect from him...he's just obsessed and lost.

F1:  One Day More!

F2:  Favorite Part!

F2:  I love her hat.

F1: (to Marius) You just met her, you CAN be parted.   What about your childhood friend  @#$*head?

F2:  Now this is the guy I like.  Not a girl like Marius.

F1:  Totally.  Marius, You are in a war for God Sake.  Focus.

F1:  FLAGS!

F2:  That's what I'm talkin' about!  It's all about the flags!  And Eponine's hat.

F1: I want to have a girl and name her Eponine.

F2:  I want to get two puppies and name them Jean Valjean and Javert.

F1:  You could get them sweaters!

F2:  Stupid Marius, again!

F1:  So stupid.

F2:  Stupid men.

F1:   My sooong.... Kleenex please.

F2:  Your song?  I've lived this stupid song!

F1:  So funny!  Only yours goes, "and I'm texting to myself and not to him."  Hahahahahaha...

F1:  I mean... it's not that funny.

F1: "He is gone...and the Truckee's just a river..."  Hahahahaha....

F2:  That hat is just so freakin' cute. If I had that hat I wouldn't have these problems.

F1:  True.  It's a great hat.

F2:  Phone dying.  Love you.

F1:  I have be alone for the finale anyway.  Love you too.

Now, I am the first to admit that loving Broadway musicals may seem pretty lame.  But it's like Richard Gere told Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman about the Opera.  You either love the opera immediately or you don't.  If you don't you can learn to appreciate it but you will never love it.  It will never be part of you.  Or something along those lines.  I think Broadway is the same way.  You either totally love it or you don't.  I'm sad for the people who don't because it is just so great!

The Happiness Project says you have to love what you love. Not what everyone else loves.  What you love.  And you should love what you love passionately.  And if you are lucky enough to have a best friend that loves what you love too...it makes it that much better.  Love you!

P.S.  Speaking of loving what you love...Day 14 down!

No comments:

Post a Comment