Saturday, March 12, 2011

Time To Celebrate! Watermelon Cocktails All Around!


This is me doing a perfect bow pulling pose on a rock at a beautiful and serene lake on day 15!.  Well.  It could be me.  Ok.  Fine. This is going to be me.  In another 45 days!  I made it to day 15!  I'm 1/4 of the way there!

So, the cold hard facts.  I have lost 3 pounds.  Not that amazing.  What is amazing is my measurements.  I took my measurements today I have lost a total of 6 and a half inches.  I took the measurements from various parts of my body and I have lost an inch to two inches everywhere.  Hips, thighs, waist, arms and chest.  In 15 days!  An nice little perk of this journey I am on.

I had a truly empowering femi-yoga class on Thursday morning.  It was all women in the class so our motivational speeches from the instructor were directed toward being a strong, powerful, beautiful, sexy woman.  I've gotta say that femi-yoga was exactly what I needed.   It was a nice little sisterhood on a Thursday morning.

This raises an interesting question.  Someone asked me about the percentage of women to men in yoga class.  I initially responded that it was equal (the femi-yoga class was an anomaly).  But I looked around today and I may be wrong.  It may be that women far outnumber the men.  I wonder why?    I was then asked if I get hit on at yoga class.  Of course I don't get hit on at yoga class!  What a ridiculous question.  I think this person imagines hot yoga as a room full of singles in hardly any clothes just kind of hanging out and flirting.  I'm really amazed and how many people have no clue what this Bikram Yoga thing is all about.  It's not about flirting.  Although I'm sure when I leave that room I look like every man's dream.  Sure Gino, the soup guy is pretty cute.  And there is the guy with the adorable dogs.   But really, I haven't paid much attention and that is not why I'm there.  I don't think people go to yoga to meet someone.  We go to yoga to meet ourselves.

The yoga meltdowns are starting to become less frequent.  Les Miserables was on again so there was that.  But otherwise I've been pretty melt down free this week.  I have been focused, engaged, interesting, funny, smart and almost, dare I say it, happy this week. A new associate I am working with told me that she appreciated my "wisdom and insight".  I actually had wisdom and insight!  At the same time!  And someone, other than me, noticed it!   Ok.  That made me cry too.  But still it is all good crying! 

I also cried at Taylor's school orchestra concert today but I always cry at those.  I'm just so proud that my child can do something so well.  Something I don't think I could ever do!  That is definitely a time for happy crying.  The thing I don't understand is why I'm the only parent in the entire school gym who cries at the orchestra concerts.  Maybe it's because they have to herd the rest of their kids while the concert is going on.  Maybe they have older kids and have sat through 700 of these things before.  Maybe they are mad at their husbands and don't want to have to be sitting next to them.  Maybe I am especially lucky.  At times like this I feel like being a single mom to an only child is a luxury.  I get to devote myself to my son and enjoy every second of every proud parent moment without any distractions. 

So with that... I'm off to celebrate day 15 with a little online shopping and a watermelon cocktail.  Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment